26 Feb Mardi Gras Beads and Drink Ideas
It is hard to imagine Mardi Gras without beads. However, the problem arises when all of those beads get caught up with you and your family members. So, how do you efficiently reuse all those beads and end your woes?
Top Ideas to Reuse Your Mardi Gras Beads:
1. Donate Them – You can simply donate the beads to Larc. These are detangled, sorted, repacked & sold in stores, offering work opportunities for disabled people at the same time.
2. Use them as Mardi Gras Bead Artwork – Take your favorite beads and produce a fantastic art piece with them.
3. A Mardi Gras Themed Chandelier – You could even use them to create an elegant chandelier with a single color, or get funky using multiple color variations.
4. A Mardi Gras Curtain – A Mardi Gras-themed beads curtain is definitely something that your kids would love. So, why not give it a try?
5. Use the beads to make a dress – That’s right. You can make a great festive dress using colorful Mardi Gras beads.
6. Easter Eggs – As Easter follows Mardi Gras, it is not a bad idea to turn those beads into Easter decorations.
7. Cover up your old furniture using Mardi Gras beads – This is a perfect way to get a fresh look to your old furniture by covering it using colorful beads.
8. Pink Flamingos – If you don’t mind having some pink flamingos, you can easily cover them up using Mardi Gras beads.
Mardi Gras Drink Ideas:
Talking about boasting your Mardi Gras party with a bunch of signature cocktail drinks, here are just a few drink ideas you can try out on this special day:
1 cube sugar
rye whiskey: 2 ounces
1 tsp cold water
Twist lemon peel
a few ice cubes
Dissolve the sugar in water in a mixing glass. Add Pernod, whiskey, ice cubes & bitters. Stir. Strain into your NeckSip Wearable Drink Pouches, release the oil by twisting the lemon peel over your drink, then drop it.
2. Katrina’s Folly
151 Bacardi: 1 oz
Bacardi light: 2 oz
fresh orange juice: 2 oz
lime and lemon juice: 1 oz
passion fruit juice: 2 oz
Kraken spiced dark rum: 2 oz
Combine all the ingredients and stir well. Serve when chilled in your NeckSip Wearable Drink Pouches.
3. Napoleon’s Last Stand
Lemon Juice: 3/4 oz
Plain Syrup: 3/4 oz
Crown Royal Deluxe: 1 oz
Pimms: 3/4 oz
Combine all the ingredients in a tin shaker. Mix some ice and shake well. Strain over ice into NeckSip Wearable Drink Pouches. Add ginger ale & cucumber slices to garnish the drink.
4. For the Fall-out
vodka: 1 oz
gin: 1 oz
curacao, blue: 1 oz
orange juice: 1 oz
1 oz Anejo tequila
pineapple juice: 3 oz
151 Bacardi: 1 oz
Combine all the above and stir well. Serve when chilled in NeckSip Wearable Drink Pouches.